I am delighted to have used Kellwood...
- P. Nisbet, Wabtec Corporation
a project that was well planned and promptly accomplished
- E. McHugh, Loganair
Where others let us down, Kellwood did not
W. Coley, Barking Abbey School
...my client is over the moon with the end results
A. Fraser, MacLean Electrical
I'd certainly recommend them
V. Richardson, Stolle Europe
I'm more than pleased with the guys. I'd recommend them to anyone
G. Gray, Logoplaste
Help with ESOS
The Energy Saving Opportunities Scheme (ESOS) is part of the European Energy Efficiency Directive. It was implemented in July 2014 and affects large non-domestic energy users. Its primary driver is to encourage the uptake of energy efficiency measures to reduce energy consumption, business costs and CO2 emissions.
Am I affected by ESOS?
Your organisation will be expected to take action if you:
- are privately funded (not a public-sector organisation)
- are a company (including PLCs, LTDs, LLPs), a "not for profit" or a charity organisation
- ≥250 employees
- ≤250 employees but a turnover >£42.5m and a balance sheet >£36.5m
I fall under the ESOS eligibility criteria - what do I need to do?
You need to appoint a qualified Lead Assessor to carry out an audit and submit energy consumption data (to cover at least 90% of your organisation's energy use), reporting on the following areas:
- Industrial Processes
Following your energy audit, suggested energy saving measures may be advised. This is mandatory and should be completed by 5th December 2015.
Why can Kellwood help you?
Although there is no obligation to implement any energy saving measures, many will be commercially beneficial for your organisation. It is common for lighting systems to be highlighted as an area worth considering. Kellwood LED lighting has experience in partnering with organisations to support their lighting upgrades because we have:
- Experience in financially modelling the return on investment of lighting systems
- In-house lighting designers
- Wide range of led light fittings
- Focus on efficacy and quality
- Range of intelligent lighting controls to maximise savings
- Proficiency in a wide range of industries and sectors
- Optional lighting installation service
View the Environment Agency's detailed guide on "Complying with the Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme" for further information.