I am delighted to have used Kellwood...
- P. Nisbet, Wabtec Corporation
a project that was well planned and promptly accomplished
- E. McHugh, Loganair
Where others let us down, Kellwood did not
W. Coley, Barking Abbey School
...my client is over the moon with the end results
A. Fraser, MacLean Electrical
I'd certainly recommend them
V. Richardson, Stolle Europe
I'm more than pleased with the guys. I'd recommend them to anyone
G. Gray, Logoplaste
SPORTS HALL and GYMnasium
WIRELESS LIGHTING CONTROLS
Simple and powerful impact-resistant wireless lighting controls
designed to save schools and sports centres time and money while improving customer and Pupil experience
How you save time, money, and REDUCE carbon
Our Fit-and-Forget Wireless Pro lighting control system has distinct features that will support sports hall, gym, and leisure facility operators:
- Don't waste your money, lighting a space when no one is using it: light levels in sports halls and gyms can be controlled automatically using PIR sensors. Sensors can be integrated into each luminaire, or be mounted separately. Working together, PIR sensors can activate every light in the hall, or a part of the hall, maintaining all lights at the same brightness, for the same length of time.
- Dim or turn off lights when there's plenty of natural light: during peak daylight hours photocell sensor(s) mounted near large windows or skylights will dim nearby lights to create a uniform brightness and reduce energy consumption. In some instances, lights can be automatically dimmed to "off", providing a 100% energy saving during the day. Only one photocell sensor is needed to dim as many lights as you want.
- No longer waste time replacing damaged fixtures: Kellwood's controls and low energy sports hall lights are available with impact guards, protecting your investment from ball strikes, and minimising maintenance costs.
- Improve customer satisfaction while minimising electricity use: Wireless wall-mounted scene switches can be programmed to deliver the right amount of light for different activities. For example, light levels could default to general use (300lux), but they could be adjusted for cricket nets (750lux), and badminton (500lux), only when necessary.
- Save maintenance costs and stay compliant: wireless self-test emergency lights can automatically report their status (to email or the online dashboard). This saves monthly manual checks.
Low Glare Linear Bay Light
Plug-and-Play Wireless Control
Key Fob Scene Switch
Control any DALI or 1-10V light
Connect to the internet to monitor and report
Add daylight harvesting
Add multi-scene control
Add occupancy control
Simple to Install with immediate benefits
CONSULTATION - LIGHTING & CONTROLS DESIGN
Kellwood's lighting designers can identify the best lighting products to achieve recommended lux levels for your sports hall.
We can then assess what package of lighting controls will provide you with maximum savings.
QUOTES AND LAYOUT DRAWINGS
Our team will prepare a feasibility quote (free-of-charge) for your sports hall.
Adjustments to areas and quantities can easily be made to fit your budget.
We work with all the main national UK & NI electrical wholesalers, so you can get a separate quote from them too.
The lighting and control system is incredibly simple to install. It can be carried out by your preferred electrical contractor, or we can assist.
Each light or device only requires a single 230VAC (LNE) permanent supply - even the emergency fittings - so it's suitable for both new-build and retrofits.
The (optional) collator can be connected to the internet using a mobile dongle or an ethernet cable.
No separate control wiring is required.
COMMISSIONING & DASHBOARD SETUP
Kellwood's team will set up the project on the on-line dashboard and then attend site to commission the controls.
Our time on site should not disrupt your day-to-day operations.
ANALYSIS, SUPPORT AND MANAGEMENT
Once the system has been running for a few days, you will be able to review the energy profile for the site, and see forecasts for annual savings/expenditure.
Emergency lighting fault reports can be scheduled (e.g. daily, weekly, or monthly), then efficiently acted upon by site maintenance if issues arise.
Kellwood's technical team will be on hand to assist with future expansions or adjustments.
Bishopston Sports Hall
Kellwood Lighting supplied Bishopston Leisure Centre with lighting and wireless controls, to maximise cost savings, and accelerate their transition to NET ZERO.
Bishopston Sports Hall Case Study
WHATEVER YOUR NEEDS ARE,
We have a specialist
solution ready for you
Kellwood has developed a range of lights and controls to accommodate the unique requirements of various applications; offices require different products and controls compared to swimming pools. Similarly, car parks are different to warehouses. Scroll down to see some of the unique environments we cater for, or select from the list below:
Our lights are used by